Sverdrup to supply stainless steel materials for HOD

06 July 2020

Based on Frame Agreement with Kvaerner, Sverdrup Steel has been awarded a contract to supply Stainless Steel materials for the normally unmanned wellhead platform to be used at the planned HOD Field Development project in the North Sea. Scope is consisting of 316L, Lean Duplex, Duplex and Super Duplex in plates, bars, and profiles. 

The HOD field is located in Block 2/11 in the southern part of the Norwegian sector of the North Sea, approximately 12 kilometers (km) south of Valhall Central Complex (VCC), 6 km south of the Valhall Flank South (VFS) platform, and 290 km from the southern Norway landfall and close to the maritime boundary with Denmark. The Operator PL033 is Aker BP AS, holding 90% working interests, with Pandion Energy AS and the sole partner holding the remaining 10%.

The HOD Field Development Project (HFD) is now working towards a new development of the HOD field as a new Normally Unmanned Platform (NUI) that will be tied-back to Valhall Central Complex (VCC).